Since I’ll be heading to Montreal this week, there’s a lot of French on my mind! I would love to dress little Hayden like a little frenchie girl while we’re there. Wouldn’t it be the cutest?!
This sale at Rue La La is coming in at the perfect timing! Jacadi, the iconic French children’s brand is going to be featured on Rue La La, Today, May 8th starting at 8 a.m. Jacadi was created in 1976 with a mission to create the premiere luxury children’s wear brand based on a subtly nostalgic and deeply French sensibility. Their designs are timeless enough to be worn for many seasons, and often become treasured heirlooms.
This sale will last for the next three days, but I have a feeling the pieces will sell out very fast! So if you’re looking to add a little French to your baby’s closet, here’s a great chance to snatch up your favorite piece at the Little Rue. Lots of goodies up to 50% off!
(Images and post sponsored by Rue La La. All opinions are my own.)
Have you seen the J.Crew Baby lately? It came out not too long ago and I was already pretty excited when I saw the mini cashmere sweaters and striped outfits - you all know how I feel about stripes! Well, I was really over the moon when I saw these new pieces at J.Crew Baby. They’re now carrying some of the most unique brands like LemLem, Makie and Rikshaw Design just to name a few (how clever is it to have these specialty labels being carried in the mainstream market?!)
I’m really loving the cute prints, colors and patterns. Don’t they all look so sweet?! Sometimes I just wish Hayden would stay as a little baby so I can still dress her in these mini outfits! I know what you’re gonna say - have a second one, right? Yes ma’am, I’m working on it!
I love looking at nurseries. I think it’s one room in the house that you can go all out and no one will think you’re crazy. You can be a little dramatic, use the boldest colors, place the cutest knick-knacks, mix and match the heck out of it, and in the end, it still is the most adored room in the house! You know what I mean, jelly bean?
I still remember when I was decorating Hayden’s room, I never wanted to stick with a theme. It was never about owls & birds, or cars & choochoo trains. And for god sakes, no princess please! I’ll let Hayden decide if that’s what she really wants as she gets older.
So instead of a theme, I sticked with a style. I thought that would give me more flexibility in terms of design and incorporating the pieces I like into Hayden’s room. And for the most part, I’d say our style is modern with a mix of prep. How about you? Which nursery style are you?
And before you leave, I just wanted to thank everyone who entered the Darling Clementine giveaway! That shop really is darling and I can assure you that will find some really cute things for the nursery! So for this giveaway, the lucky winner is…. Brianne Manz! Yay, congrats!!! We will contact you shortly via email. Thanks ya’ll again for participating!
Have a great day, everyone!
Happy Wednesday, everyone! Today I’m so excited to partner with Darling Clementine to host a very sweet giveaway for you!
When Lindsay, the owner and mother of a darling baby girl, reached out to me I instantly fell in love with her shop! Not only is this stylish Brooklyn momma a true sweetheart herself, but her nicely curated kids’ shop carries some of my favorite brands like Ferm Living, Dwell Studio, 3 Sprouts, and Rickshaw Design.
I’m also really thrilled to discover new eco-friendly brands like the adorable reusable sandwich bags, LunchSkin. I go through sandwich bags like crazy for Hayden, and I think it’s just much more economical to have these from now on. Not to mention, it’s good for the environment, and they look way cuter in my purse than those clear plastic bags!
So today, one lucky reader from Shop Sweet Things will win $75 Gift Gertificate + Apple Lunchskin from Darling Clementine! All you have to do is:
1. “LIKE” Darling Clementine on Facebook
2. “FOLLOW” Darling Clementine on Twitter
3. “FOLLOW” Darling Clementine on Pinterest
4. LEAVE A COMMENT here letting us know: “WHAT WILL YOU GET FROM DARLING CLEMENTINE IF YOU WIN?”
And that’s all! The contest starts today, 4/11, and will end next Tuesday, 4/17 (11:59PM PST). Winner will be chosen at random and be announced on the next Mini+Me on Wednesday!
I can’t believe we’re having a little storm here in SF, and it’s going to be raining all week long. While I don’t mind the rain so much, my little kiddo can’t wait to get out of the house. I have to come up with all sorts of little activities to keep her entertained, like coloring books, puzzles, pretend play-sets, iPad… but man, am I running out of ideas?
What do you do to entertain your kids at home on days like this?
In the meantime, I thought these clouds and raindrops from Zu La Boutique would do a good job of cheering up the nursery - rain or shine! I love that it comes in so many different patterns and colors! Kind of inspiring me to do a little redecorating with Hayden’s room. :)
Wow! What do I say when Refinery29 calls me a Cool Mom?!
Almost feels like I won an award! I am BEYOND flattered today to be featured on “6 Locals Show Us Their Cool Mommy Style and Ultra-Adorbs Kids!“ So honored and amazing to be amongst this group of stylish moms and their kids in the bay. And seeing baby Hayden being featured is un-be-liev-able!
So for today’s post, I love to invite you over to read up on my interview. Hope you enjoy! Be warned, your ovaries might ache from all the cuteness in the feature.
(Image via Refinery29)
Baby H is way beyond her stage of eating baby food, but I wish I had read up on this post on how to efficiently make homemade baby food.
Baby H is not a bad eater by any means. In fact, she’s considered a pretty good eater. But there are still some food group that I wish I had introduced to her earlier. Like beets, bell peppers, asparagus, basically vegetables that offered more fiber. Now that she’s 19 months and well aware of what she’s putting in her mouth, any color or texture that looks strange to her she would not try.
When I stumbled upon this post, I thought I must try this for my next kid. Not only does Shawna (the author of the blog and a second-time mother to a new baby boy) shows us the importance of making real, whole foods for your baby, but she also shows us how we can efficiently prep these (pretty looking) baby food so that we are not slave to making them every single day - which was a real chore for me! She even have a video tutorial to show you how she does it.
So yes, if you’re an expecting mother or have a baby who is on the way to eating solids, read up on this! It’s a nice feeling that we, as parents, are doing our part on raising healthy, happy children.
(Source & images via Styleberry)
Before I had a baby, I didn’t think twice about what products I had on my face - it was all about the hottest beauty brands and the prettiest packaging. But, ever since I had baby H, I became a bit more conscious of what I have on. Especially now that we’re constantly rubbing faces and giving each other kisses, it’s only natural that, as a mother, I start to worry what gets rubbed off onto my little one, right? Like the CoverGirl lipstick I have on? Yikes, lots of lead!
So today, I thought it’d be fun to bring in my beauty savvy friend/talented make-up artist/a hot stylist/beauty blogger, Erin Dudley, to give me a little beauty lesson on what to get as a new mom. Check out her picks on the essential products I use daily - who knew CoverGirl has a NautreLuxe line!
1. FACE MOISTURIZER, Ormedic Skincare. “Basically it’s like “Mother Nature with a medical degree”. It’s potent blend of powerful anti-oxidants and the purest organic ingredients will show a radical difference in your skin. The best part? It’s paraben, silicon, petrochemical and chemical preservative free with Certified Organic ingredients and fragranced with 100% essential oils. They don’t test on animals and it’s eco friendly!”
2. FOUNDATION, CoverGirl NatureLuxe. “It’s made with cucumber water, rose hip extracts and jojoba so it’s really light yet lasts all day!”
3. FACE PRIMER, Korres. “This primer is silicone, paraben, synthetic dye, petrochemical free! It’s 99% natural, full of anti-oxidants and minimizes pores for a flawless canvas before applying makeup!”
4. CONCEALER, by DermaMinerals. “Rich in vitamins A & E, anti-oxidants, anti-aging properties and buckwheat extract for anti-puffiness. This little miracle is paraben, talc, synthetic dye and bismuth oxycloride free! It’s amazing to see how much it covers and smoothes. Also won for Best Concealer by Natural Health Magazine!”
5. HAND & BODY LOTION, Innersense Organic Beauty. “This product was nominated for the Best Organic Body Lotion by Natural Health Magazine. It’s blend of Certified Organic butters and natural scents of grapefruit and jasmine is truly heavenly. It is enriched with vitamins, proteins and anti-oxidants! They also have a great organic hair care line.”
6. MAKEUP POWDER, OPIVU Cosmetics. “This powder goes on like a velvety dream. It’s jet-milled to fine perfection and can be worn three different ways for subtle to complete coverage! Looks flawless for everyday, on camera and in photos for a smooth and soft complexion. Plus it’s good for your skin!”
7. BLUSH, OPIVU Cosmetics. “Their mineral blushes are AH-mazing. What I love about their colors is that they’re multi-dimensional. Coral Sun is a radiant blend of peach, gold, pink and coral. It has a gorgeous sheen that instantly perks up your face. It’s all mineral based so you can nuzzle your baby’s cheeks worry free!”
8. LIPSTICK, OPIVU Cosmetics. “It’s paraben free and packed with vitamins and jojoba oil for the ultimate supple lip with long lasting color.”
For more beauty products that are smart for Mommy’s and safe for babies, check it out here!
Do you have other beauty products you can recommend to new moms?